What foods can kill your dog?

*Here In This Article We Will Discover +17 Foods Can Kill Your Cute Dogs, So Be Careful About Your Dog And Read This Might Help You.

18-Pennies √

Pennies made from the 1980s to today contain zinc, which can cause kidney failure and damage to red blood cells.

A dog that consumes even one penny can become quite sick, or even die if the penny is not removed. Pennies can be fatal to dogs.

17-√ Prescription medications for people.

Drugs that are beneficial or even lifesaving for humans can have the opposite effect in pets. Additionally, it doesn’t always take a large dose to do major damage.

Some of the most common and harmful medications that poison dogs include: Prescription pain medications, blood pressure medications, and anti-inflammatory drugs and can cause stomach and intestinal ulcers or kidney failure.

Antidepressants can cause vomiting and, in more serious instances, serotonin syndrome This is a dangerous condition that raises blood pressure, temperature and may cause seizures…

16-√ Flea and tick products

Though with all the best intentions you feel you are doing your dog a favor when you apply products marketed to fight fleas and ticks; there are thousands of animals unintentionally poisoned by these products every year.

You Might Also Like :  LOOK: St Bernard Dog Tries To Make Friends With A Porcupine, Instantly Regrets It

Major problems can happen if dogs accidentally ingest these products or if small dogs receive excessive amounts.

15-Over-the-counter medications √

This group contains acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen and naproxen (Advil, Aleve), as well as herbal and nutraceutical products (fish oil, joint supplements).

14-Tobacco √

TobaccoA major toxic hazard for dogs (and humans). The effects nicotine has on dogs are far worse than on humans.

Nicotine can damage your pup’s digestive and nervous systems, increase their heart rate, make them pass out, and ultimately result in death.

13-Pet medications √

Just as we can be sickened or killed by medications intended to help us, cases of pet poisoning by veterinary drugs are not uncommon. Some of the more commonly reported problem medications include painkillers and de-wormers.

Click Next To See More Dangerous Food To Your Dogs … .

12- Household products, from cleaners to fire logs

Just as cleaners like bleach can poison people, they are also a leading cause of pet poisoning, resulting in stomach and respiratory tract problems.

Not surprisingly, chemicals contained in antifreeze, paint thinner, and chemicals for pools also can act as dog poison. The pet poisoning symptoms they may produce include depression, stomach upset and chemical burns.

You Might Also Like :  What Your Dog's Sleeping Position Reveals About Its Character " said Psycho "

11-Plants √

Pits and SeedsThough plants may be pretty, they are not necessarily pet-friendly. Some of the more toxic plants to dogs include Azaleas and rhododendrons.

These pretty flowering plants contain toxins that may cause vomiting, diarrhea, coma, and potentially even death.

Tulips and daffodils. The bulbs of these plants may cause serious stomach problems, convulsions, and increased heart rate. Sago palms. Eating just a few seeds may be enough to cause vomiting, seizures and liver failure.

10-Rodenticides √ 

If ingested by dogs, can cause severe problems. The symptoms depend on the nature of the poison, and signs may not start for several days after consumption.

In some instances, the pet may have not been directly exposed to the toxin but rather, the dog may have eaten the poisoned rodent.

You Might Also Like :  LOOK : This Is Why Your Dogs Follow You Into The Bathroom, I Never Knew This !!

9-Fertilizers – including blood meal, bone meal, and iron-based products. √

While many fertilizers are fairly safe, some organic products that contain blood meal, feather meal, bone meal, and iron may be especially tasty and dangerous to dogs.

For example, a large ingestion can form a concretion in the stomach, obstructing the gastrointestinal tract or even cause severe pancreatitis.

 

8-Insecticides – including sprays, bait stations, and spot-on flea/tick treatments. √

Ingestion of insecticides and pesticides, especially those that contain organophosphates (e.g., disulfoton, often found in rose-care products), can be life-threatening to dogs, even when ingested in small amounts.

You Might Also Like :  Part 2 : Harmful Things You Do to Your Dog Without Realizing It

While spot-on flea and tick treatments work well for dogs, they can be very toxic to cats when not applied appropriately. Cat owners should read labels carefully, like those that contain pyrethroids (a derivative of the Chrysanthemum flower) or pyrethrins as they are severely toxic if directly applied or ingested.

7-Rat Poison and Mouse– rodenticides √ 

Rat Poison and MouseThere are many types of chemicals in mouse and rat poisons, all with different active ingredients and types of action, making all of them potentially poisonous to dogs.

Depending on what type was ingested, poisoning can result in internal bleeding, brain swelling, kidney failure, or even severe vomiting and bloat.

Mouse and rat poisons also pose the potential for relay toxicity, meaning pets – and even wildlife – can be poisoned by eating dead rodents poisoned by rodenticides.

Click Next To See More Dangerous Food To Your Dogs The Last One Will Shock You… .

 

6-Antifreeze √ 

Antifreeze Antifreeze is perhaps the number-one hazard to a dog. Less than one tablespoon of anti-freeze could be lethal to a 20-pound dog.

Antifreeze smells sweet and is very deadly. If the antidote is not administered within 24 hours, the dog is likely to die. When storing your antifreeze, keep it well out of reach.

Check under your car from time to time to make sure it is not leaking on to the ground. Your dog will smell the sweet scent and may lick it up. You may want to use a new, less toxic antifreeze. It’s still poisonous, but not as much as the traditional kind. 

5-Household cleaners – sprays, detergents, polishes √ 

Strong acidic or alkaline cleaners pose the highest risk due to their corrosive nature and include common household products like toilet bowel cleaners, drain cleaners, lye, rust removers, and calcium/lime removers. Remember that “natural” does not necessarily mean safe, as some natural products can cause severe reactions. While general cleaners like spot removers, glass products, and most surface cleaners have a wide margin of safety, it is still wise to keep them out of reach.

4-Black Locust Tree √ 

The seed from the black locust tree is poisonous to dogs and humans if ingested. The seeds are contained in pods that look like black banana pods. The seeds themselves are very hard but look like oversized milk duds. They fall from the tree at certain times of year and that is when it is hazardous. The side effects may include vomiting and neurological effects which prevent the dog from being able to walk. Also loss of appetite.

3-Veterinary pain relievers √ 

Specifically, COX-2 inhibitors like Rimadyl, Dermaxx and Previcox Carprofen, more commonly known by its trade name Rimadyl, is a veterinary-specific, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. While it is commonly used for osteoarthritis, inflammation, and pain control in dogs, if over-ingested in large amounts, it can result in severe gastric ulceration and acute kidney failure in dogs.

 

2-Homemade Playdough (toxic) √ 

Homemade playdough consists of flour, water, and salt. Dogs may relish the salty taste however, it can cause salt toxicity known to be fatal for dogs. When a large amount of salt is ingested, the sodium diffuses throughout the body.

When the sodium reaches the central nervous system and brain water build up and tissues swell. As the brain swells, pressure builds up, resulting in severe neurological disorders. As the pressure builds, it causes seizures, coma, and death.

There is no antidote for salt toxicity. In some mild cases, where less salt is ingested, the dog may survive, however, if the dog eats enough, it is fatal.

 

1-Holiday Hazards

Around the holidays you need to be especially careful. Mistletoe is extremely poisonous. Tinsel can be dangerous for your dog if he decides to eat it.

You have to watch those thin glass Christmas balls too. Also, beware of Styrofoam. Styrofoam will not digest and may get stuck in the intestines.